Today marks exactly one month from the end of our time in Thailand! We will be back in the land of the free and home of the brave, where bald eagles fly majestically overhead, on March 20th, 2017. Leaving Thailand behind and moving back to America is exciting, sad, comfortable, scary, heartbreaking, and happy all at the same time. We will miss so much about our lives here but are early looking forward to what God has in store for us back home in Kansas.
Our final month in Thailand will involve…
- helping our students prepare for final exams (even our 3 and 4 year-old students have to take an exam in each subject!)
- grading exams and finishing other responsibilities at school
- celebrating the end of the school year with the kids and teachers
- spending time with friends in our city
- stuffing our faces with pad Thai and other favorite local foods
- participating in our school’s end-of-the-year banquet and talent show
- traveling throughout northern Thailand for 10 days
Fun facts about our return home…
- By the time we land in Kansas City, we will have flown completely around the world! Our flight to Thailand went east from Houston via Russia, Singapore, and finally arriving in Bangkok. Our flight home continues our circle around the world by heading east with layovers in Shanghai and Seattle.
- Cole is most excited about being reunited with his mom’s home-cooked meals! She is even planning on making us a Thanksgiving dinner since we missed out that holiday this year.
- Chelsey is looking forward to no longer having to ride on a motorbike. (Cole is a great driver but I have been terrified of all the other crazies on the road ever since the accident.)
- The number 1 thing Cole will miss about Thailand is his students.
- Chelsey is sad to leave the warm weather, friendly people, close friends we have made, and all of our adorable students.
We are most excited to reconnect with friends, family, and loved ones back in the United States. We owe a huge thank you to everyone who has supported, prayed for, and cheered us on over the last 7 months. We can’t wait to see you again!
Here are just a few of the many people, places, and things we’ll miss when we leave this beautiful country: